Cortland appleRegular price $7.00
The Cortland is the best kind of apple to use in your apple pies, because it will stay in chunks even after being cooked. This variety is also known to be juicy, sweet, and crispy. The Cortland is also a kind of apple that does not oxide much, making it one of the most versatile apples since you can either eat it as a snack or cook it.
Maturity: Early October
Did you know...
- Apples help regulating cholesterol.
- Apples tend to turn brown due to oxidation, a phenomenon caused by an enzyme in the fruit which reacts when in contact with air.
- In a forest in the Amalty region, some 30 meters high and 2 meters wide apple trees that can live to 300 years are responsible for most of the kinds of apples we know today.
- The forbidden fruit being represented by an apple comes from its latin name malus, meaning apple tree, but also evil.
- Apple sauce recipe (Blog)