McIntosh appleRegular price $7.00
The McIntosh is the apple we have the most of in Québec. Luckily, it is a delicious, juicy, sweet and a bit sour variety of apple. The McIntosh can be preserved for long amounts of time. This apple is great to eat as a snack or to cook in an exquisite apple sauce.
Did you know...
- Apples help regulating cholesterol.
- Apples tend to turn brown due to oxidation, a phenomenon caused by an enzyme in the fruit which reacts when in contact with air.
- In a forest in the Amalty region, some 30 meters high and 2 meters wide apple trees that can live to 300 years are responsible for most of the kinds of apples we know today.
- The forbidden fruit being represented by an apple comes from its latin name malus, meaning apple tree, but also evil.
- Apple sauce recipe (Blog)