Paulared AppleRegular price $7.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
The Paulared is our first fall apple. This crispy variety is juicy, sweet and is partially resistant to oxidation. The Paulared is the perfect apple to eat as a snack or to offer to your favorite teacher.
Maturity: Late august/ early September
Did you know...
- Apples help regulating cholesterol.
- Apples tend to turn brown due to oxidation, a phenomenon caused by an enzyme in the fruit which reacts when in contact with air.
- In a forest in the Amalty region, some 30 meters high and 2 meters wide apple trees that can live to 300 years are responsible for most of the kinds of apples we know today.
- The forbidden fruit being represented by an apple comes from its latin name malus, meaning apple tree, but also evil.
- Apple sauce recipe (Blog)