Spartan appleRegular price $8.00
The Spartan is a firm apple with a semi-sweet, semi-sour taste and a red flesh. Its taste is sometimes compared to the pear and this variety of apple can be preserved for a long time if kept in a cold room or in the refrigerator. The Spartan is the perfect snack!
Maturity: Late September
Did you know...
- Apples help regulating cholesterol.
- Apples tend to turn brown due to oxidation, a phenomenon caused by an enzyme in the fruit which reacts when in contact with air.
- In a forest in the Amalty region, some 30 meters high and 2 meters wide apple trees that can live to 300 years are responsible for most of the kinds of apples we know today.
- The forbidden fruit being represented by an apple comes from its latin name malus, meaning apple tree, but also evil.
- Apple sauce recipe (Blog)